My friend, Colleen is a wonderful hostess who shares fabulous recipes. This is one of them. If you need a super quick appetizer for your spring/summer picnics or entertaining, look no further than this gotta-have-more recipe. Keep all these ingredients on hand because you’re going to crave these flavors OFTEN! Besides now that it’s summer time you’re probably growing your own fresh basil. Everything in this dip is part of the Mediterranean diet pyramid so you can feel good about eating it. See graphic here. I shared more insights about the Mediterranean eating patterns earlier this month here.
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Feta Cheese Dip
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, julienne-cut, packed in oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in small serving dish, tossing gently to mix.
- Serve with sliced vegetables like red peppers, sugar snap peas, carrots and pita chips or soft flatbread.