July is the hottest month of the year here in Idaho. I LOVE IT! But then again, I’m a Southern California girl who loves the sunshine. For the record, I’ve learned to appreciate all the four seasons available here; more on that as the beautiful fall weather hits home. For now, while it’s hot, try to keep cool with this easy-to-make, no-ice-cream-maker-needed, frozen yogurt! You can use any frozen fruit combination you like, but I’ve always loved peach and raspberry together. Both fruits are good sources of vitamin C with peaches also providing more vitamin A, nutrients that function as anti-oxidants, especially useful when out in the sun!
You can use fresh peaches and raspberries by freezing peeled, sliced peaches (submerged in a little lemon water) and/or washed raspberries arranged in a single layer on a jelly roll pan. Place in freezer for at least 2-3 hours, then scrape off pan into freezer bags. Freeze until you’re ready to use.
- Peach-Raspberry Swirl Frozen Yogurt
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 2/3 cup peach Greek yogurt, divided
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup agave syrup, divided
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Combine peaches, 1/3 cup yogurt, mint, lemon juice and 2 Tbsp agave syrup in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Cover and process until smooth. Spoon into a freezer-safe container.
- Add raspberries, remaining 1/3 cup yogurt and remaining 2 Tbsp agave nectar to bowl of food processor fitted with metal blade; cover and process until smooth.
- Swirl raspberry mixture into peach mixture. Serve immediately, or freeze until firm.