If you’ve got a picky eater at your house like I do then you’ll appreciate this recipe. It is an easy-peasy crowd- pleasing recipe that will make your kitchen smell wonderful and complete your meal in less than 20 minutes. The chicken tenders taste as wonderful they look, believe me, but more importantly you can believe my very particular daughter who absolutely loves these.
The crust is made with Parmesan cheese blended with pecans, Italian bread crumbs, paprika and salt. Dip the chicken tenders in an egg and then dredge in the tasty crumb mixture. I saute them in coconut oil which creates a lovely crispy crust perfect for serving with yesterday’s Simple Red Beans and Rice or you try slicing them and arrange over the Kale Apple Slaw with Candied Almonds and Sweet Poppy Seed Dressing I posted last week. You might dip them in a yummy hummus dip like my Homemade White Bean Hummus or top with my Sun-Dried Tomato and Feta Cheese Dip for a fabulous appetizer.
Any way you serve them will be perfect. The picky pallette in your home will be begging for these in days ahead and you’ll be ready!
- Parmesan Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenders
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- Combine Parmesan cheese, pecans, bread crumbs, paprika and salt in container of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Cover and process until finely ground. Pour into a shallow dish and set aside.
- Beat egg in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in skillet and place over medium-high heat.
- Dip chicken tenders, one at a time, in beaten egg and then dredge in bread crumb mixture, coating well.
- Place in skillet and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Turn each piece over and brown the other side, another 2-3 minutes until chicken is done and no longer pink.
You might also enjoy: