Yesterday I needed a quick dinner dish, real fast, like in 20 minutes. I looked in the pantry and refrigerator to see what I could concoct. Luckily I had enough ingredients to pull this super-satisfying recipe together. If you’re wanting something that everyone will enjoy, I highly recommend this! You might just feel like you’re dining at the Olive Garden, it’s that yummy.
I started with chicken breasts sliced into strips and cooked them in melted butter and olive oil. Then I added lemon juice, chicken broth, basil, garlic powder and sea salt. When everything was reduced down and the pasta was cooked and drained, I stirred in some reduced-fat cream cheese to the chicken, served it over the pasta with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and BOOM, my 20-minute dinner was done! So tasty, super quick, a definite keeper for the last minute meal repertoire. And who doesn’t need a big recipe box for these kind of meals?!
- Lemon Basil Chicken over Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet placed over medium-high heat. Add the chicken strips and cook for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, basil, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by a third. Stir in cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Serve over penne pasta and top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
You might also enjoy: