I’m a football mom! All three of my sons have played or are currently playing college football. It’s one thing to watch your little guys run all around on the community fields or even on the high school fields, but when it comes to college football, a mom’s blood pressure can run pretty high. At this level the game is hard hitting, intense and at times, violent. I came to terms with the dangers of the game long ago and because my boys love it so much, my opinions about safety and even whether they should play or not, don’t carry a lot of weight. So I support them by attending as many games as I can and that means road trips!
I love tailgating parties with all the finger foods and delicious flavors. Getting everybody together with anticipation of the big game is exciting. Have lots of easy-to-eat, finger-foods ready. These little bacon wraps are oh so fun and easy to make. You just have to make sure you keep your hands away from your face and eyes when you handle the jalapenos; the oils will burn badly so wash your hands immediately after putting these in the oven or on the grill.
This recipe is inspired by a recipe from Taste of Home here.
- Jalapeno Chicken Bacon Wraps
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 small onion, cut into 30 strips
- 15 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 pound sliced bacon, halved widthwise
- Blue cheese salad dressing (I use OPA Greek Yogurt-based in the produce section of your grocery store)
- Cut chicken into 30 (2 x 1-1/2-inch) strips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, seasoned salt and paprika; add chicken and shake to coat. Place a chicken and onion strip in each jalapeno half. Wrap each with a piece of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Grill, uncovered, over indirect medium heat for 18-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and bacon is crisp, turning once. Serve with blue cheese dressing.