Looking for an easy, summer breezy, garden-fresh, grilled dish everyone will love? That’s a tall order, but I think I’ve found it. My tomato bushes will soon be over flowing with ripe fruit and avocados make everything taste great. Right?
A quick tip for grilling chicken is to pound the breasts between pieces of plastic wrap to an even thickness. That way they cook more uniformly and quicker too. Take care not to overcook. I try to use touch and of course check for clear fluids when sliced.
The seasonings make this meal. Rub the onion, garlic and chili powders, cumin and salt generously for full flavor. Of course fresh tomatoes from your garden or farmer’s market bring summer’s best flavors. I can’t get enough. And for the avocado, choose firm but not mushy; slice and arrange on top of the salad. Top with my favorite Litehouse OPA Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing. It’s full flavored without all the fat of regular ranch dressing.
- Grilled Chicken and Tomato Avocado Salad
- 4 (3-ounce) skinless, boneless, chicken breasts (pound to 1/4-inch thickness)
- Cooking spray
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 yellow tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- 2 red tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup light ranch dressing of your choice such as Litehouse OPA Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Combine oil, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt and chili powder; rub evenly over chicken. Coat onion with cooking spray. Arrange chicken and onion on grill rack; grill 8 to 10 minutes or until juices run clear, turning chicken and onion once. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes.
- Slice chicken. Arrange one breast on each of four plates. Arrange two yellow and two red tomato slices on each plate. Top each serving with 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes. Divide onion and avocado evenly among the plates.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt over salads. Drizzle about two tablespoons dressing over each salad.
Per serving: 256 Calories, 22 grams Protein, 12 grams Carbohydrate, 12 grams Fat
You might also enjoy: