Warning, you’re going to want to eat the whole batch of these luscious, brownie-like cookie made with Hershey Kisses Chocolate Mint Truffles, but please don’t; you’re hips will hate me forever! I love Hershey Kisses Chocolate Mint Truffles. When I first discovered them years ago, I fell in love. They are so creamy, soft, minty–everything you’d want in a luscious chocolate. But they only appear at Christmas time, so when I see them, I snatch up a couple of bags and fall in love all over again. And who said, dietitians don’t have their vices! So when I found this cookie recipe made with these chocolate mint treats, I knew this was a match made in heaven and I had to try them.
I try not to care about the calories and focus more on enjoying every bite. That’s called Mindful Eating. And that’s exactly what I want you to do with these cookies, enjoy every bite, which means you’ll want to take that one luscious cookie and make it last a long time. Then stop at one . . . or two because they are rich, minty and memorable. I’m going to wager that you add them to your holiday baking list, because this one is a no-brainer.
I make them and then freeze them because 1) I want them out of my sight so I don’t eat the whole amazing batch and 2) when you’re ready to share, they taste like fresh baked when you bring them out of the freezer and let them warm. Oh so delicious!!
- Chocolate Mint Truffle Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped Mint Truffle Hershey Kisses (about 30)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl. With an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, blend butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until pale yellow, about 2 minutes. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; whisk to combine. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and gently blend until just incorporated. Scrape sides and mix again. Fold in chopped Mint Truffle Hershey Kisses.
- Drop by the tablespoon full onto a greased or silmat lined-cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 9-10 minutes (do not over bake). Remove from oven, cool 3 minutes then transfer cookies to cooling rack.
The baked cookies freeze well in an air-tight container. When ready to share remove from freezer and allow to come to room temperature.
Adapted from Lauren’s Latest. Thank you Lauren for making my day with these delightful cookies. The only changes I made were to switch to whole wheat pastry flour instead of all-purpose flour and reduced the chopped mint truffle Kisses to one cup.
You also might like: