You might think I’m in love with chicken (yes, I am) because a chicken recipe appears every week, but you can’t have Grill Week without a grilled chicken recipe. So here’s a good one! You’ll love all the lime i.e. juice, zest. It adds so much flavor, but the kicker is the McCormick Grill Mates Chipotle seasoning I used to add the pop! It’s got that smoky red chili pepper flavor and along with cumin and at least 2-3 hours marinating time in the refrigerator, you’ll be begging for more. Everyone in our house, including my very particular 15 year old daughter loved it. I’ll be bringing this one to our July 4th get away this weekend. What are you planning on grilling this weekend?
- Chipotle-Lime Grilled Chicken
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated lime zest
- 1 Tbsp honey or Splenda
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp chipotle seasoning, like McCormick Grill Mates Chipotle seasoning
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a large glass baking dish, combine oil, lime juice, garlic, honey, cumin, chipotle seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Pat chicken dry with paper towel, then add to baking dish and turn to coat. Cover and let marinate in fridge for 2 or 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Place chicken on grill and cover grill (should be well ventilated). Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden. Turn chicken over and cook for 5 more minutes or until juices run clear and are no longer pink.